The friction massage technique is often known as Deep Tissue Massage because it uses pressure that goes deep to the pain points to relieve. But if you take a close look, you’ll see that these two are different in a few aspects.
What is Friction Massage Technique?
The friction massage technique can be defined as a massage technique that requires optimized pressure using the fingertips and palms in order to increase circulation and release tight areas by realigning muscle fibers.
This is an intense massage strategy that focuses on soft tissue mobility instead of just relaxation. Before starting this, the tissue should be made warm and stretched. Otherwise, it may become dangerous. As it increased the temperature, icing after it helps to get a good result.A massage technique that requires optimized pressure using the fingertips and palms in order to increase circulation and release tight areas by realigning muscle fibers. @wavemassager Click To Tweet
Benefits of Friction Massage Technique
This massage technique is beneficial for muscle as well as our body in some aspects. Let’s know how friction massage helps our body.
1. Faster Healing Process: Friction massage ensures a faster healing process. When pressure is applied through the fingertips, it breaks the scar tissues and adhesions. Then, the muscle fibers realign and create bonds again. Because of the realignment, the muscles become healed faster, and a new set of healthy muscles come out.
2. Increased Space of Movement: Another benefit of friction massage therapy is it increases the movement of the body. When the muscles and joints of the body are stiff, movement becomes tough and limited. In this massage therapy, friction is used to break and align the restricted tissues. New alignment ensures less stiffness and more movement.
3. Remove Pain: When the muscles are stiff and movement is limited, there is more pain in moving the body. As this massage style removes the stiffness through continuous breaking and rebuilding the muscle tissues, movements become easy. As a result, you’ll face less pain.
Besides, it increases the temperature of the soft tissue. This also helps to heal the pain.
Types of Friction Massage
There are a few types of friction massage for using different parts of the body. These are-
1. Centripetal: This type of friction massage uses the thumb and palm surface to move toward the center. It strokes toward the heart to ensure flow through the lymph channels and veins.
2. Centrifugal: It is opposite to the centripetal therapy. This therapy moves from the center point to the endpoints of the body.
3. Circular: This therapy intends to use the thumb or fingertips and circular stationary manipulations on the muscles. In this method, the pressure is increased gradually.
4. Rotary: In this style, palms are moved following circular, semicircular, or elliptical movement. Fleshy areas are perfect to use this variant of friction massage.
When you are recovering from any injury, especially sports injury, friction massage therapy can be the best way to heal quickly. For this, you’ll have to see a professional therapist. As this technique focuses on putting pressure on the hurt area, professional help is strongly recommended.