When you are an athlete or bodybuilder, you know the post-workout muscle stress can bother you for a long time. Sometimes, muscle pain and stress is so unbearable that you have to leave the next practice sessions for that.
As a professional and regular athlete, leaving practice sessions is not something that you want to do. However, to get you out of this muscle stress, the best percussion massager for athletes may help you. But how would you pick up the best one for you?
Best professional percussion massagers for athletes
Here I’m going to discuss five best percussion massagers which I found great for athletes. All you need to do is going through the reviews and find out which one will work best for you. I’ve also added a buying guide that’ll help you to pick one for you.
Halogun Massage Gun Featuring Quiet Glide Technology
To help you relax your tired muscles, this gun-type massager can be a good choice. It offers a wide range of variety in different aspects. This is a much-needed feature in a professional percussion massager. As a result, whenever you want, you can easily change the settings and get the most comfortable massage.
It offers 20 different variations of vibrating speed. With the help of this feature, you’ll be able to find out the speed that offers you maximum comfort while healing. The maximum speed is 3200 RPM, which is great to aid your tired and stiff muscles and bring them in a relaxed condition. But I recommend going to that high speed gradually. Don’t just select the highest speed and start using. Doing this may cause problems.
To work on different types of muscles of your body, the massager comes with four different massage heads. To work on large muscle groups, you can use the ball head. The U-shaped double headed attachment is appropriate for cerebral vertebrae. The small round headed attachment works great on joint. The last, but not the least, is the flat head attachment which is suitable for the whole body.
The LED backlight display at the rear side has made it easy for you to control the massager. The display shows the intensity level on the right side and power level on the right side. There are 2 touchscreen buttons too on the screen, which help you to increase and decrease the level. The on/off switch is also there.
Other Features of Halogun Massage Gun
- Super quiet technology for a calm environment
- Lithium-ion battery
- Up to 4 hours of massage in a single charge
- Drawstring backpack and hard travel case of easy carrying
- SUPER SILENT HIGH SPEED: Use the New Age Recovery HALOGUN...
- CUTTING EDGE 20 SPEED TECHNOLOGY: Choose between 20...
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND RECOVER FASTER: After an intense...
- RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: The New Age Recovery...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We stand behind our product...
Flow.Month Percussion Massage Gun for Athletes
When workout or sports are being hard on your muscles, this personal percussion massager can bring you the relief you need. It comes with a plenty of features that you’ll need to relax your muscles. Before making a buying choice, let’s know a bit about this tool.
The first thing to talk about is the battery. It comes with a 2500 mAh high-quality lithium-ion battery. It can run up to 5 hours at a single charge. However, it depends on which speed variation you are using while massaging. The battery takes 1.5-2 hours to be fully charged.
This massager allows you to choose between 20 different speed variations. Starting from 1200 percussion/min, you’ll get up to 3300 percussion/min with this massager. Thus, you can adjust the speed that you need.
The speed can be controlled with the help of the touchscreen buttons on the LED display at the rear side. The display shows the speed and power also. You’ll also get the on/off button there.
It comes with four different types of heads. Each head is designed for separate types of muscle groups. The flat head is applicable for all over the body. On the other hand, the cone-shaped head works better on joints and deep tissues. The ball-shaped one is for large group of muscles, and the U-shaped is designed to work on bones, especially spine.
Handling this massager is easy and comfortable. This is a lightweight massager. Besides, it comes with an ergonomically designed grip that reduces the external vibration. Besides this durable silicone anti-slip grip doesn’t slip from hand easily.
Other Features of Flow.Month Percussion Massage Gun
- The powerful high-torque 24V brushless motor with WhisperGlide technology keeps the noise low
- Ultra-strong heat dissipation keeps it cool and suitable for long time use
- Polymer PP and the glass-fiber shell has made it strong and durable
- Hard travel case for easy carrying and storing
- [POWERFUL MOTOR & SAFETY] The FLOW.MONTH Performance Gun is...
- [Why FLOW.MONTH?] The FLOW.MONTH Professional Massager is...
- [6 Replaceable Massage Heads] Every muscle is different,...
- [CORDLESS & RECHARGEABLE] Handheld massager only weighs...
- [PORTABLE TRAVEL CASE] Included: hard protective carry case,...
SUNBA YOUTH Massage Gun
To unlock and relax tightened muscle groups after exercise, you can take help from this Sunba Youth Massage gun. Though it doesn’t give you a wide range of speed variation, you’ll get five different levels of speed which are most effective at the time of increasing blood flow and relaxing muscles.
The five different speed levels are 1200 rpm, 1500 rpm, 2100 rpm, 2800 rpm and 3600 rpm. Depending on the state of muscle stiffness, you can use the perfect speed option for relieving the pain.
The massager is powered by 15600 mA lithium battery. It allows the massager to run for 4 hours after a full charge. A full charge takes around 2-3 hours.
It comes with five massager heads. Among those five, two are ball-type heads which are for large muscle groups and effective to reduce extreme muscle and joint soreness. There is a flat-shaped massager head which works on all over the body. The fork-type head works great on sensitive muscles and bony areas. Lastly, the bullet head is for joints and deep tissue.
Handling this massager is very easy. It comes with silicone made no-slip handle grip which ensures that it won’t fall from your hand easily. The grip is specially made for fitting in hand to ensure a strong grip. You can reach up to 90% of your body holding this massager. Besides, it is lightweight so that you can comfortably move it in different parts of your body.
Other Features of Sunba Youth Massage Gun
- 5 speed indicator lights allow easy understanding
- Hard box for easy storing and carrying
- For safety, it pauses after every 10 minutes
YUNDOO Muscle Massager Massage Gun
Coming from Yundoo, this handheld percussion massager device can help you to reduce muscle stress, increasing blood flow and improve the condition of soft tissue. So, while looking for a percussion massager to reduce the stress of workout or practice session, you can have a look at it.
It gives you a smart choice of five different speed levels. As a result, you’ll be able to differentiate the levels and choose the one that is perfect for your muscles to reduce stress without pain. These five levels are 1500 rpm, 1900 rpm, 2200 rpm, 2600 rpm and 3100 rpm. Though there are only five speed levels, these five are enough for ensuring regular relaxing massage to deep tissue massage.
Like most other gun-type percussion massagers, this massager also comes with four different massage heads. These are- sphere head (effective for large muscle groups), U-shaped head (effective for neck, spine and bony areas), bulled head (effective in joints) and the flat head (effective for all over the body).
2600 mAh high quality lithium rechargeable battery supplies power to this massager. It takes around 2.5 hours to be fully charged. Once it is fully charged, you can use it for 5 hours without charging again. Depending on the speed level in which you use it, the duration may change.
You’ll see three buttons at the rear side. The above two buttons are used to increase and decrease the speed levels. The remaining one is for turning it on or off. The display shows the massage level and helps you to know which one you are using.
Other Features of Yundoo Muscle Massager
- Auto pause after 10 minutes differentiate the massage sessions
- Noise reduction helps you not to disturb others
- Anti-overcharge stops charging when the battery is full
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL MASSAGE GUN】:Massage gun can help the...
- 【4 REPLACEABLE MASSAGE HEADS 】Massager is equipped with...
- 【5 ADJUSTABLE SPEED LEVELS】The user can change the...
- 【LONG WORKING TIME】: The YUNDOO cordless massager is...
- 【Guaranteed After-sales Service】: We guarantee 30 days...
Necotar Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
The fifth member of this list might not be the most powerful percussion massager in the world, but it heals the muscle pain effectively and ensures relaxed muscle within a short time. This massager from Necotar comes in a small compact design but offers a great massage session.
It comes with 3 different speed levels and 12 mm stroke length. The highest speed is 3000 rpm which helps you to get rid of deep pain. Other two speed levels are normally designed for regular relaxing massage sessions, and sometimes for warming up too. The 12 mm micro strokes allow you to get the total benefit of percussion therapy for faster healing.
There is an advanced quantum flux motor inside the massager. Once charged fully, this 2000 mAh 12 V battery supplies unchanged power for 45 minutes. This is enough time for healing after a workout or practice session.
Three massaged heads come with this massager. Among those two are round heads which are normally used to work on large muscle groups. Another one is the bullet shaped head that is there to focus on the joint pains or deep tissue problems.
The massager is comparatively small and lightweight. As a result, you can reach easily to almost every part of your body. Besides, you can take it with you anywhere you want.
Other Features of Necotar Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
- Angled handle ensures comfortable holding
- Advanced style massage to ensure faster healing
- GOODBYE PAINFUL FOAM ROLLING – HELLO SHORTENED RECOVERY...
- QUANTUM FLUX MOTOR – MOST ADVANCED ON THE MARKET: Years of...
- SELF USE IS SIMPLE: ANGLED ERGONOMIC HANDLE MAKES IT EASY TO...
- 45 MINUTES OF PURE POWER- THE 2000 mAh, 12 VOLT BATTERY RUNS...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – TURN IT ON, ADJUST the...
A Competitive Analysis among these Five Percussion Massagers
|Feature||Halogun Massage Gun Featuring Quiet Glide||Flow.Month Percussion Massage Gun for Athletes||SUNBA YOUTH Massage Gun||YUNDOO Muscle Massager Massage Gun||Necotar Deep Tissue Percussion Massager|
|Speed Variation||20 levels||20 levels||5 levels||5 levels||3 levels|
|Highest Speed||3200 rpm||3300 rpm||3600 rpm||3100 rpm||3000 rpm|
|Runtime (on a full charge)||4 hours||5 hours||4 hours||5 hours||45 mins|
|Massage Heads||4 pieces||4 pieces||5 pieces||4 pieces||3 pieces|
|2500 mAh high-quality lithium-ion battery||15600 mA lithium battery||2600 mAh high quality lithium rechargeable battery||2000 mAh 12 V battery|
What to Consider before Buying a Handheld Percussion Massager?
To get the best benefit from a handheld percussion massager, you’ll have to buy it carefully. Focusing on some point will help you to find out the best one for you. Let’s take a look at those.
You May Like This: https://wavemassager.com/before-buying-a-massager/
1. Portability: As you are looking for a handheld massager, it should be portable. The cordless units ensure more portability than the corded ones. Portability also depends on the weight of the massager. If this is heavy in weight, you won’t be able to massage with it for a long time. Good grip and handle design also add values in the point of portability.
So, before buying a handheld percussion massager, make sure that you can use that with one hand. If any of the features stated above doesn’t allow you to do that, it’ll lose points in the portability section.
2. Massage heads: One type of massaging head is not enough for massaging all over the body. To ensure proper massage for different parts of the body, the massager needs different massage head. Before choosing one, make sure that it comes with different massage heads which are enough to massage different parts of your body.
3. Design: As you are looking for a handheld massager, it should be easy to hold. Make sure that the design allows you to reach maximum parts of your body without any barrier. Massagers with long handle support covering maximum portion of the body, but massagers with short handle make it tough to reach difficult parts.
4. Adjustable speed level: Adjustable speed level is another crucial thing to consider while buying a handheld percussion massager. Massagers with a wide number of speed levels allow you to get a comfortable option easily. But the range of speed level is more important than the number of speed level.
For example- a massager with 8 speed levels ranging from 1200 rpm to 3500 rpm is better than 15 speed level ranging from 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm. The reason is- the first one gives you a better speed range than the second one.
5. User-friendly features: Besides all of these, you’ll have to look for the user-friendly features with which the device comes. It varies on person-to-person. You should look for the features that help you. For example- in the case of percussion massager, a carrying case or storing bag is a good feature for me. Again, I would love to have a display that’ll allow me to control and check the speed and other things.
Similarly, you should look for the things that can satisfy you. If the device has some features that help you, your user experience will boost up.
Price, look etc. are some common things to focus on while you are buying a handheld percussion massager. However, I don’t suggest buying craps to save a few bucks. Follow expert reviews, check user reviews and go through the features. These’ll help you buy the best one.
Why Should Athletes Own a Percussion Massager Gun?
After a workout or practice session, athletes feel the stress in the muscle that bothers them and doesn’t allow doing better next day. Recovering from the stress needs time. As a result, they need something that can help them in this case and boost the muscles to do better. There are many drugs available for this, but those are not legal at sports and athletics.
A percussion massager helps them at this matter. A percussion massager relaxes the soft tissues, reduces muscle stress and increases blood flow. Thus it is a perfect solution for them to get rid of the post-workout or post-practice muscle stress. By increasing blood flow, it allows the muscles to get rid of the stiffness and stress easily.
Besides, as it relaxes the soft tissues and makes those active, percussion massage can also work great as a warmup therapy before any workout or practice session. Thus, percussion massager is a legal way that athletes can use to get rid of muscle stress or to warm up before practice sessions.
There are many types of percussion massagers, but percussion massager guns are the best for athletes. These guns allow them to massage all the parts of the body. Besides, reaching to almost all the parts of the body is easier when you have a percussion massager gun. Also, percussion massager guns are quite handy to take to the gym, indoor, or outdoor fields.
Thus, a percussion massager gun allows many advantages to the athletes. That’s why athletes should own one of it.
Benefits of Percussion Massager for Athletes
Percussion massagers provide some benefits over other types of massagers. These are given below.
1. Rehabilitation of injured muscles: Percussion therapy helps the injured muscles to rehabilitate. For the people who can’t have physical therapy, this massage treatment gives a good result.
2. Reduce stress level: Percussion massage therapy increase the blood and oxygen circulation. This increases breathing level and thus helps to reduce anxiety and mental stress.
3. Relieve from muscle pain: Through continuous movement, a percussion massager relieves pain and muscle soreness. Thus it helps stressed muscles to relax. It helps the athletes to recover from muscle soreness after practice session or workout.
4. Helps to warm up: Percussion massager helps to reduce muscle tightness and physical stress when it is applied at a slow speed. Thus it works great as a helper in pre-workout warm-up sessions. Comparing to regular massage, it is way more beneficial in this case.
5. Easy to use: Compared to other massagers, percussion massagers are easy to use. You can use most of these massagers alone without any help from others. Besides, these are easy to carry too. You can use most of the percussion massagers in almost all the parts of your body while other massagers are for specific body parts.
Thus, percussion massagers provide a wide range of benefits to the users.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Percussion Massagers Safe for Athletes?
Answer- Percussion massage therapy focuses on improving the blood flow and reducing muscle soreness by providing continuous soft hits to the muscles of a certain area. This massage therapy is safer compared to most other massage therapies. But this is not in every case.
If you have any kind of disease, it is better to consult your doctor before using any percussion massager. There are some medical situations where using a percussion massager is strictly forbidden.
2. Are Percussion Massagers Good for Me?
Answer- No matter what is the reason behind using percussion massager, it is beneficial for everyone. It helps the stressed muscles to relax, no matter what the reason behind the stress is. Besides, it helps the soft tissues to recover from injury.
Percussion massagers also help to increase blood and oxygen circulation. As a result, body muscles become active and perform better than before.
Thus, percussion massagers ensure many benefits to the athletes and sports person. If you are not a sports person, don’t worry. You can have these benefits to keep your muscle active and relax those from daily work stress.
3. Do Percussion Massager Work?
Answer- To get the answer to this question, you’ll have to know what is exactly meant by the word – ‘Work’.
If you think that a percussion massager will totally remove all your pain, muscle soreness and stress, you are a bit wrong. There is no massage therapy that can do it. Percussion massagers work on your muscles to improve the stressed condition. Thus it can keep the stress away until you do something that causes stress.
In case of improving blood circulation, the thing is the same. It works on increasing blood circulation in the treated area as long as you use it.
So, these are all about a few best percussion massagers for athletes. I hope reading this article will help you to pick one for you. There are many more available in the market. If you want, you can try those too. Use the buying guide to get help in selecting the best.
Don’t forget to share your experience as an athlete with a percussion massager with us. don’t forget to use the comment section.